Monday 22 April 2013

Queen of Babble Gets Hitched - Meg Cabot (2008)

2.5 stars

I read this book because I didn't really feel like reading anything too heavy and Meg Cabot's books are always well written and entertaining.

I can't remember the second book in this series very well, but I definitely liked the first book better than this one as this was too predictable for me, I like a bit of a twist in novels. It was well written and was very entertaining to read so I don't mind how predictable it was. My favourite characters were Gran and Chaz, both were hilarious and had excellent advice to give when Lizzie needed it. I would recommend this book to anyone who just wants an easy read for some laughs.


The book starts new years day, after Lizzie's accepted Luke's proposal and spent the night with Chaz. She tells Chaz to leave but he tells her he's in love with her and Luke is only marrying her so he won't have to find someone else. Monsieur Henri has a heart attack and has six months off so Lizzie must run the shop by herself while trying to decide whether she loves Luke or not. On the fourth of July, Lizzie is at a party with Chaz when she gets a phone call from her mother telling her that her Gran has died. After a few days back at home Chaz comes to look after Lizzie and she sleeps with him. When she returns to work, the Henri's tell her that they're selling the building, so Lizzie works out a business plan with Ava Geck, her rich heiress client. She then breaks up with Luke and the novel ends six months later with Lizzie and Chaz going to have a sneaky wedding without telling anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment