Monday 29 April 2013

Big Boned - Meg Cabot (2007)

3 stars

I read the first two books in this series years ago and although I really enjoyed them, I could never find this book in any shops I looked in. I finally ended up ordering it online about a week ago, and as an avid Meg Cabot reader, I obviously read it in two days.

Because I read the first two in this series so long ago I can't really say whether I liked it better or worse than those two, however I do know that anything written by Cabot has excellent humour that constantly has me laughing out loud (sometimes in public places) and this book was no exception. I actually really love this series, the concept is really funny and I always like it when a girl in a book is "big boned" as the title puts it. My favourite character was Tom. Even though he was only in it for a few chapters, I thought he was hilarious and a good way to brighten up the more boring and complicated chapters with all the different staff members. I would recommend this series to any fans of Meg Cabot, or anyone who likes light mystery novels.


Heather's new boyfriend is a vegetarian maths professor who tells her that he has something to ask her when the time is right, of course, she immediately thinks it's a proposal and starts freaking out. When she gets to work that day she finds her boss, Owen Veatch, dead with a bullet through his head. Her assisstant Sarah's boyfriend is framed and has the murder weapon placed on him so Heather takes it upon herself to clear his name. After a confession from a student who had a meeting with Owen that morning she thinks it's the new reverend who has been sexually abusing students, however after she confronts him she works out it was really his ex-wife, Pam. When she goes to confront Pam, thinking she wouldn't have another weapon, Heather is almost shot before the police can get there and arrest Pam. She then breaks up with Tad when she learns that he wanted to ask her to go hiking with him and when she gets home, Cooper confesses his love for her and in between kissing asks her if October sounds good for a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment