Tuesday 26 June 2012

Graceling - Kristen Cashore (2008)

3.5 stars

My co-bogger lent this to me after she learnt that I hadn't read it yet. I was a little disappointed in it considering it won so many awards, but it was still a good read.

I thought that the plot was really original and a really interesting concept to think about. The book was well written, however I think it had too much travelling, the ratio of travelling to a destination and actually being at that destination and acomplishing something was like 3:1, I found it really frustrating. My favourite character was Bitterblue, I thought she was totally awesome and kick-ass, I know Mac was irritated that Katsa ended up with a man, but she totally missed that Bitterblue is the superhero female in this story. I would be really disappointed if in the last book in the trilogy she ended up all weak and helpless. I would recommend this book to any people that like a good adventure/quest type story.


To read a plot summary see Mac's previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment