Wednesday 2 November 2011

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare (2011)

I bought this book straight after I read the first book because I knew I would want to read it once I finished the third one. I liked this book, however I really wish the fifth one was out because it has a big cliffhanger ending.

I didn't like this book as much as the first three, I thought that the storyline was really weird and sort of boring until the ending. My favourite character in this book was Isabelle, I liked reading her perspective and seeing the depth of her feelings and some reasons behind her behaviour.


For plot summary see Mac's previous blog.

1 comment:

  1. Cassandra Clare's fourth venture into the MI world, starts off bit rough and disjointed. The MI gang is separated. All the plot points and individual character threads are important overall, and do eventually tie in together for the book's story arc, but it can be hard to follow. I find this forgivable because she's trying to balance kicking off the new story lines, with character updates, introducing new characters, multiple POVs, while maintaining her previously developed world. I think it's quite ambitious of her.

    ReplyDelete